Friday, April 20, 2012

Body Kit and Emblem Installation

A complete Mugen body kit is not available for the 8.5 gen, however the Modulo kit is if you can find it. I favor the Mugen sides and rear (but the Modulo front) so I put together a combination kit. Upgraded the steering wheel and exterior and emblems to the red JDM badge which were in turn opened and blackened in keeping with my black and chrome/silver theme:
  1. Modulo Front Bumper Lip Mod000120
  2. Mugen-Style Side Skirts BLS-HA084J-PU Decided to go authentic
  3. Mugen-Style Rear Bumper Lip BLR-HA084J-PU
  4. Upgraded kit hardware with stainless steel tapping screws with plastic caps and 100' of 3M 4941F/CV45F VHB 1in x 0.45in) tape
  5. Honda JDM Front Grille Emblem 75700-S5T-E01 (Blackened)
  6. Honda JDM Rear Deck-lid Emblem 35114-SNW-J01 (Blackened)
  7. Honda JDM-Style Black Steering Wheel Center Emblem

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pete,
    I really like the setup you got going on. I was wondering if you could shed some light on where I could buy the Modulo Front Lip?
    Thanks,
    Manny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. I imported the front pieces from a contact in Thailand. A little pricey but it's a unique look.

    ReplyDelete